- Go indoors. Stay inside.
- Switch on the radio/television and look out for public announcements from your local authority.
- Close doors/windows.
- Cover all food, water and consume only such covered items.
- If in the open, cover your face and body with a wet handkerchief, towel, dhoti or sari. Return home, change/remove clothes. Have a complete wash and use fresh clothing.
- Extend full cooperation to local authorities and obey their instructions completely -- be it for taking medication, evacuation, etc.
- You must be aware of nuclear radiation hazard. Discuss on Nuclear radiation safety among children and family members, to reduce their fear of radiation.
- Do not panic.
- Do not believe in rumours passed on by word of mouth from one person to another.
- Do not stay outside/or go outside.
- As far as possible, AVOID water from open wells/ponds; exposed crops and vegetables; food, water or milk from outside.
- Do not disobey any instruction of the district or civil defence authorities who would be doing their best to ensure the safety of you, your family and your property.
Cached at 20/07/2019 14:56:35